Join NEXMAP, CV2, and Educator Innovator on Wednesday, July 9th, and hack your notebook in a day of paper circuitry and creative, hands-on STEM learning. Power up your pages and illuminate your thinking with circuit stickers and systems thinking -- paper meets electronics for 21st century learning.
Developed as part of the Summer of Making and Connecting, a MacArthur Foundation-sponsored initiative powered by the National Writing Project and the Mozilla Foundation, we’re inviting educators and learners across the country to hack their notebooks and share the results on our online Google+ community. Tag your pictures #hackthenotebk @sfnexmap on Twitter or Instagram.
Hack along with us! CV2 is offering an activity kit for purchase – an introductory hackathon pack for participants ready to rig a simple dedicated power supply for their notebooks.
View the kit list, order your materials and stay tuned for updates on Educator Innovator for webinars to help you get started with your planning.
7/9/14 Educator Innovator Webinar Schedule (all times Pacific)
- 8:00-9:00am - Albemarle County Public Schools: Charlottesville, VA
- 9:30-10:00am - Fab 10 Conference: Barcelona, Spain
- 11:00-11:30am - Southern Nevada Writing Project: Las Vegas, NV
- 1:30-2:00pm - Maker Jawn at Free Library of Philadelphia: Philadelphia, PA
- Abermarle County Public Schools - Charlottesville, VA (4 sites, TBD)
- Bay Area Writing Project - Berkeley, CA
- Chicago Public Library YOUMedia Center - Chicago, IL
- Children's Museum of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA
- Denver Writing Project - University of Colorado, Denver
- Kansas City Public Library - Kansas City, MO
- Kean University Writing Project - Union, NJ
- New Hampshire Writing Project - Manchester, NH
- Northern California Writing Project - California State University, Chico
- Philadelphia Free Library - Philadelphia, PA
- Red Cedar Writing Project - Michigan State University
- San Diego Area Writing Project - University of California, San Diego
- San Francisco Public Library - San Francisco, CA
- Southern Nevada Writing Project - University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- The Tech Museum of Innovation - San Jose, CA
- Western Massachusetts Writing Project - University of Massachusetts, Amherst