Though the July 9th Hack Your Notebook Day event is over, workshops and explorations in paper circuitry continue -- we have everything you need to get started with your own project and basic notebook hacking. Our Notebook Hackathon Kit is available from CV2 for $425. See below to order your kit today.
The Basic Notebook Hack
Each kit provides materials for 20 makers and includes the following:
- 240 LED Circuit Stickers: 120 RYG, 120 White (12 per hacker) from Chibitronics
- 2 rolls of 1/8" copper tape with conductive adhesive
- 20-3V coin batteries
- 1 spool of conductive thread (400 ft.)
- 20 sewable coin battery holders
- 40 alligator clip test leads
- 5 needle threaders
- 4 crochet hooks
- Educator orientation letter with a list of online resources including activity cards, instructions and design challenge cards for download
Want to organize your own materials? Visit nexmap.org/notebook-materials for alternate sources.
Additional Recommended Materials
Hacking your notebook means personalizing it, making it uniquely yours. Our Hack Your Notebook Day kits contain everything you need to get started with adding paper electronics to your notebook but you can further support the creative and artistic exploration involved by providing additional supplies to your notebook hackers.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive list—you know your audience best! Pick and choose what materials make sense for your participants, time frame and available resources. Have ideas for cool materials that aren’t listed here? Contact Jen at NEXMAP (jen -at- nexmap.org) so she can add them to the list!
- Markers, colored pencils and/or crayons
- Colored paper
- Glue sticks
- Washi/decorative tape
- Yarn and/or embroidery floss
- Scrapbooking paper
- Hole punches